Thursday 12 September 2013

Beginning of the project



                                            Mood board of 15th century artwork


The brief for our first project in the second year is about digital storytelling involving 15th century art, I will have to look at periods in the 15th century and talk about what happened and why. The periods that I will have to look at are: the beginning of the Renaissance Era, Dark Ages; the birth of the Age of Discovery, naval ships and navigation methods that create new trade routes and route partners, birth of print making (Johann Gutenberg's invention.) I will have to pick a route to go down to create a piece for this project, I have picked graphics and photography because I would like to take images and turn them into graphic design pieces. I will research information about the 15th century and use some actual information and fictional throughout the project.

To begin the project, I have created a mood board on artwork and paintings which were created in the 15th century period. I have also started to create a timeline of the 15th century so that I get an idea of what happened at what time. It will also remind me what order the events happened throughout the century.






http://www.artyfactory.com/art_appreciation/timelines/western_art_timeline.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment